School BoardBambara Primary School
The Board consists of twelve seats, of which five are parent members, five are staff members and two community members. The School board meets on a Thursday, week 3 and week 7 of each term and meetings start at 6.30pm.
School Board Members
Cr Christine Hamilton-Prime
Sake Van Weeghel
What is the School Board?
The aim of the School Board is to make decisions about the school’s policies and budget. Its main function is to work collaboratively to fulfill the priorities of the School Business Plan.
What does the School Board do?
In general terms, the School Board:
- Represents the educational needs and aspirations of students, teachers, parents/caregivers and the community.
- Determines school priorities in conjunction with the School Leadership Team.
- Assists in the formation of the School Strategic Plan in conjunction with the School Leadership Team.
- Monitors the allocation of resources [financial and human] to achieve the priorities set down in the School Strategic Plan.
- Determines level of financial contributions to be sought from parents.
- Determines the dress code for the school.
- Advises on policy matters but does not become involved in the day-to-day management of the school.
- The School Board meets at least once per term.
How do people join the School Board?
With the exception of the Principal, members of the School Board are elected for a period of up to three years. Parent representatives are elected to their positions by parents and carers who have their details registered on their child’s enrolment card. Please notify the Office if you would like to become a School Board Representative. Staff representatives are elected to their positions by Non-Teaching and Teaching School Staff.
How is the School Board different to the P&C?
The P&C Association has several functions:
- Conducts fund raising events so that additional resources can be purchased for the school
- Fosters community interest and support of educational matters and the school in general
School Board Meetings
|Term||Meeting 1||Meeting 2|
|Term 1||Thur 8 Feb, 5.30pm|
|Thur 15 Mar, 5.30pm
|Term 2||Thur 10 May, 6.30pm|
|Thur 14 June, 6.30pm
|Term 3||Thur Aug, 6.30pm||Thur Aug, 6.30pm
|Term 4||Thur Oct, 6.30pm||Thur Nov, 6.30pm