School BoardBambara Primary School
The Board consists of ten seats, of which five are parent members, four are staff members and one community member. The School board meets on a Thursday, week 3 and week 7 of each term and meetings start at 5.30pm until conclude at 8pm.
School Board Members
Cr Christine Hamilton-Prime
What is the School Board?
The aim of the School Board is to make decisions about the school’s policies and budget. Its main function is to work collaboratively to fulfill the priorities of the School Business Plan.
What does the School Board do?
In general terms, the School Board:
- Represents the educational needs and aspirations of students, teachers, parents/caregivers and the community.
- Determines school priorities in conjunction with the School Leadership Team.
- Assists in the formation of the School Strategic Plan in conjunction with the School Leadership Team.
- Monitors the allocation of resources [financial and human] to achieve the priorities set down in the School Strategic Plan.
- Determines level of financial contributions to be sought from parents.
- Determines the dress code for the school.
- Advises on policy matters but does not become involved in the day-to-day management of the school.
- The School Board meets at least once per term.
How do people join the School Board?
With the exception of the Principal, members of the School Board are elected for a period of up to three years. Parent representatives are elected to their positions by parents and carers who have their details registered on their child’s enrolment card. Please notify the Office if you would like to become a School Board Representative. Staff representatives are elected to their positions by Non-Teaching and Teaching School Staff.
How is the School Board different to the P&C?
The P&C Association has several functions:
- Conducts fund raising events so that additional resources can be purchased for the school
- Fosters community interest and support of educational matters and the school in general
School Board Meetings
|Term||Meeting 1||Meeting 2|
|Term 1||Thur 16 Feb, 5.30pm|
|Thur 16 Mar, 5.30pm
|Term 2||Thur 11 May, 5.30pm|
|Thur 8 June, 5.30pm
|Term 3||Thur 3 Aug, 5.30pm|
|Thur 31 Aug, 5.30pm
|Term 4||Thur 26 Oct, 5.30pm||Thur 30 Nov, 5.30pm|